Click below to download a PDF
414-699-9688 | ME@BOBBYSTEMPER.COM | BROOKLYN, NY
SENIOR GROWTH PROFESSIONAL
Revenue-focused marketer and project manager dedicated to building systems that help companies grow. I combine a keen attention to detail with tactical and strategic experience working across product, engineering, analytics, operations, SEO, design, paid ads, and technical website marketing. I’m optimizing my job search for personal & professional growth.
- Grew AdHawk, a B2B SaaS, from $0 to $1M in MRR off 100% inbound leads. As employee #2 of 100+, I focused on building systems to automate processes across teams, helping us surpass monthly revenue goals and raise $17.7M
- Personally managed $1.5MM+ in paid social and $130K+ in paid search across business units and key partners
- Led UW’s largest student organization to their 2 most successful seasons in its 88-year history. Established the club’s first guerilla marketing and digital marketing efforts to generate over $440K (↑63%) in annual revenue
B.S. MARKETING | BROOKLYN, NY JUNE 2019 - PRESENT
- Providing ad-hoc digital marketing services for B2B & eCommerce companies. Here are a few projects:
- Bought Milk?: Managed $500K to drive sign-ups for a nation-wide class-action lawsuit. Outperformed competing agency in $25K vs. $25K competition for the remaining budget by doubling campaign goals.
- Ostroy Cycling Apparel: Helped optimize ecommerce check-out flow to increase conversion rate by 14% and achieved 22% CTR on win-back & repeat purchase emails.
ADHAWK, INC. | NEW YORK, NY MAY 2015 – JUNE 2019
Director of Growth (February 2019 – June 2019)
- Connected Product, Data Science, Marketing & Sales to build a v1.0 of an automated Google Ads Account Audit Tool. After 3 months of use, deals closed 45% of the time with the tool versus 17% without.
- Created a workflow connecting sales, design and marketing’s creative department to develop stronger sales enablement resources like case studies, explainer videos, guided demos, and 1-sheeters.
- Played a key role in the marketing effort behind AdHawk’s acquisition of Floorforce.
- Improved website conversion rate by 85% by optimizing CTAs and email form fields
Director of Marketing (June 2017 – February 2019)
- Led 8 web-dev projects, ranging from free lead generation tools, core website assets, and content marketing initiatives.
Examples: ETA Tool | tryadhawk.com | FlooringStores.com Blog | AdHawk Academy | Audit Tool
- Our BOFU product & managed services landing pages converted at 17%, 5.6x the industry average
- Our TOFU landing pages average a 46% conversion rate
- Managed $1.1MM in paid social & $130K in paid search, focusing on direct acquisition and prospecting.
- Worked closely with CEO, VP of Sales and VP of Client Services to establish & maintain a key Google partnership.
- Partnership resulted in two multimillion dollar contracts that accounted for 1/3rd of AdHawk’s MRR.
- Custom-built an ROI calculator & attribution model to win an additional $120K in grants from Google.
- Successfully established CEO as an industry thought leader by ghost writing articles in key industry publications like Forbes (7 articles), Search Engine Land (16 articles), Instapage, and Unbounce.
- Met weekly with sales team to review full-funnel metrics tracked in Hubspot CRM. Using past performance data at each step of the funnel, I ensured marketing’s KPIs were directly aligned with sales team revenue goals.
- Experience building full-funnel tracking from website visitor to paying customer using Salesforce, Hubspot CRM, and Google Data Studio
Example dashboards: Channel ROI | Lead Funnel Rates | Page SEO
- Spent 6 months in 2017 as product manager, leading daily standups using agile framework in Trello.
Marketing & Growth Manager (May 2015 – June 2017)
- Throughout the Techstars accelerator program and the 9 months before our first sale, I focused on three things:
- Understand Product-Market-Fit and Develop ICP (Ideal Customer Profiles). Successfully grew our iOS app’s beta testing group 30% week-over-week using outbound email marketing and community marketing. I had 5 conversations with said beta users per week to help shape our customer personas and inform product decisions.
- Lay the foundation for an industry-leading content marketing strategy. Leveraged our most valuable asset – our founder’s intimate knowledge of Google Ads – to build the largest 3rd party library of Google Ads tutorial content on the web. Edited and produced 85+ tutorial videos and 50 blog posts covering everything from basic how-to’s to complex strategies. By optimizing our content for search, this library is generating 166+ hours viewed per month and 30,000 monthly unique pageviews.
- Build our customer acquisition funnel and projection model. In order to understand where each marketing dollar is best spent, I built our CRM and reporting systems first on Salesforce and then on Hubspot to connect marketing lead sources all the way to converted customers and their LTV.
GOLDEN ANGELS INVESTORS | MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN MAY 2014 – SEPTEMBER 2014
- Performed unit-economic analysis in Excel to identify which customer segments our portfolio companies should focus on with their marketing efforts. Specialized in finding ecommerce customers most likely to re- purchase.
- Planned the firm’s 1st EdTech Venture Day, bringing together 100+ investors and 5 seed-stage companies
HOOFER SKI & SNOWBOARD CLUB | MADISON, WISCONSIN AUGUST 2013 – AUGUST 2015
President (May 2014 – August 2015)
Marketing Manager (August 2011 – May 2014)
- Lead 40-person executive team and 750-member club towards back-to-back record breaking years.
- Built and launched a new website and digital campaigns to grow annual revenues from $290K to $440K.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN – MADISON | MADISON, WI AUGUST 2011 – MAY 2015
B.A. in Economics (Major GPA: 3.6)
B.A. in English (Major GPA: 3.88)
FIXING THINGS | CYCLING | MARATHONS | COOKING | SKIING | CODING | CAMPING